Banner

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Road so Far

It's been a few weeks since I've stared homeschooling. So far, it has been better than I imagined. I finish my work hours before my sisters get home from school and I even start later than they do. I enjoy being able to do a few hours of school work before going on a hike with my mom. I can take a break whenever I like for as long as I like and still finish my school work by one in the afternoon. I really wish I had started doing this sooner.

My life has been so much better since I've started homeschooling. I get more sleep than I used to and I am not as stressed as I used to be. I have time to take as long as I need on an assignment, where as before I only had the few hours between school and sleep. I have a lot more free time to relax and do what I want. I love being able to control my day and make it as productive as I want. Before I only had time to go to school, do my homework, and do my chores. On the weekends, I would have to get my room clean, do my laundry, and do other necessary things that I didn't have time for during the week. Now, I can do all of that in one day along with all my school work.

School has been a thousand times better since I've started homeschooling. I know I am getting a better education this way. I can teach myself a lesson in twenty minutes and pass the quiz on it compared to the hour long lesson at "real" school and still not pass the quiz. I've learned that I really don't need five days to get all my work done. I can do it all in four days and have Friday off to do whatever I please. I'm pretty sure if I worked a little bit harder I could even take Thursday off. I think that just goes to show how much time in wasted at a "real" school.

I really don't have any complaints. People ask if there are any downsides to homeschooling and so far I don't have any. Of course, there is the part about less socialization, but if I really cared about that I wouldn't be doing this. I would say the only thing I don't like are the audio class sessions that I'm supposed to attend. Some days I could have an hour of classes or some days I could have the whole day full of different class sessions. I can either attend the class or just watch the recording of it later. Honestly, most of the time I don't do either. Sometimes, it would be a class over a lesson I already did in advance a day or so ago, so I don't feel the need to go. I only attend the classes that I like, the required ones for my honors classes, and when I need help understanding something. I have got to admit that I am angry at myself for not doing this sooner, it really is so much better than going to a "real" school.

1 comment:

  1. "Road so Far"...isn't that the name of a show you watch??

    ReplyDelete